The Cascade 300 Hang-On Filter from Penn-Plax is a 100 Gallon Aquarium Filter designed to provide comprehensive filtration for today’s modern aquariums. With a flow rate of 300 gallons per hour, it is ideal for aquariums up to 100 gallons in size. Despite the robust power, it manages to filter your aquarium with whisper quiet efficiency.
Each Cascade filter has a self leveling system, adjustable flow rate, and adjustable intake tube length. Ready to go right out of the box; setup only takes a few minutes.
This Cascade filter utilizes disposable, double-sided media cartridges that contain Activated Carbon and Poly Fiber Floss. The included cartridge traps floating particulate matter, removes harmful chemicals and toxins, clears up discolorations, and reduces foul odors from your aquarium’s water. In addition, it features a Bio-Sponge cartridge that optimizes colonization of anaerobic bacteria, and is independent from the first stage filter media.
The Cascade 300 features a Revolutionary Bio-Falls Quad-Filtration System. Activated Carbon Cartridge removes harmful chemicals, toxins, odors, discoloration and other contaminants. The Cascade 300 Power Hang-On Filter quietly delivers crystal clear water throughout the aquarium. This filter pushes water at 300 gallons per hour (GPH) for tanks up to 100 Gallons in size and is great for Freshwater and Saltwater Aquariums.
How it works:
- The Polyfiber Floss Cartridge trap floating particulate matter
- The Activated Carbon Cartridge removes harmful chemicals, toxins, odors, discoloration and other contaminants
- The Internal Sponge optimizes the colonization of beneficial aerobic bacteria while removing ammonia and nitrites
- The External Bio-Falls wet/dry biological booster provides additional ammonia and nitrite removal and enhances oxygen exchange for maximum water oxygenation
Recommended for fresh water or salt water applications, this filter attaches easily to your tank. A leveling device keeps your filter in position and the self-priming intake tube has a built-in extendable stem to allow placement of the intake strainer close to the bottom of most aquariums. Filter includes an adjustable flow control knob to reduce filtration during feeding times or as needed, and the quiet and efficient motor is maintenance free. Comes with bio floss and activated carbon cartridges and is ready to use.
- Filters 300 gallons per hour for use in aquariums up to 100 gallons in size.
- Revolutionary Bio-Falls Quad-Filtration system provides efficient filtration with additional ammonia and nitrite removal.
- Polyfiber Floss Cartridge
- Activated Carbon Cartridge Internal Sponge
- Adjustable flow knob allows for increased or decreased water flow at will, which is extremely helpful during feeding times, or use it as needed.
- Hang-on design is constructed for safe mounting.
- Disposable, double-sided media cartridges that contain Activated Carbon and Poly Fiber Floss.
- Bio-Sponge cartridge that optimizes colonization of anaerobic bacteria, and is independent from the first stage filter media.
- Provides biological, chemical, and mechanical filtration to modern aquariums.
- Enhances water oxygenation, and aids with removing ammonia and nitrate.
- Measures 8.25” (H) x 11.25” (W) x 6.25” (D).