Best Dog Toy for Mental Stimulation - Our Top 5 List
Just like humans, dogs get bored too! Ease their boredom with some interactive, mental stimulating dog toys. Review a few contenders for the best dog toy for mental stimulation below.
Outward Hound Nina Ottosson Dog Puzzles
Nina Ottosson has been developing dog activity games and toys since 1990! They have a range of durable, interactive dog toys that have been designed to stimulate a dogs mind while also reinforcing their relationship with people. Each design has a unique mechanism that requires both mental and physical dexterity to work through the challenges to reveal hidden rewards (treats!). These dog puzzle toys come in a range of different levels of complexity to satisfy all ages and breeds of dogs. Our #1 pick is the Level 1 Dog Smart Puzzle Game.
The Nina Ottosson Dog Smart is an entry level dog game that challenges your dog to discover treats through problem solving and exciting hidden rewards!
Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel
The hide and squeak squirrel dog toy by Outward Hound is a plush puzzle game filled with plush squirrels! What more could you ask for! These adorable squirrels fit into the plush tree trunk and your dog will have a fun time trying to get them out. Great for mental stimulation and a whole lot of fun!
- HIDE & SQUEAK FUN: The Hide A Squirrel dog puzzle is an easy way to keep your dog entertained for hours. Just fill the tree trunk with stuffed squeaky squirrels, toss it, and let your dog's natural hunting instincts kick in!
- 2-IN-1 INTERACTIVE PLAY: Toss the squirrel-filled trunk, place it on the ground, or take the squeaky plush toys out and launch them for a game of fetch your dog is sure to love!
- CHALLENGING & IRRESISTIBLE: Keep boredom at bay and your curious canine mentally stimulated while feeding their natural instincts to hunt with plush squeaky squirrels they won't be able to resist!
- GENTLE ON THE TEETH AND GUMS: The stuffed plush texture of the Hide-A-Squirrel dog toy is easy on the teeth making it a great choice for both puppies and adult dogs alike. Just remember to consider your dog's size and activity level when deciding which toy to get.
Outward Hound's hide and seek plush dog puzzle was designed specifically to eliminate boredom, encourage positive play, and feed your dog's natural hunting instincts.
Bob A Lot Starmark Dog Toy
Fill with your dog's favourite treats and then customize the opening to make it easier or harder for your pet to get them out! The toy bobs and tilts on an anti-slip, weighted base that will keep them guessing. A perfect toy to keep your pet busy! Comes in sizes Small or Large.
- Exercises and feeds your dog at the same time.
- Large version fits up to 3 cups of food - enough for a full meal
- Adjustable openings at the top and bottom accommodate most types of dog food and allow you to regulate the difficulty level
- Weighted anti-slip bottom makes the toy wobble erratically enticing your dog to play
The bob a lot Starmark dog toy is easy-to-fill, easy-to clean, and has dual chambers that allow you to fill with treats or kibble.
Starmark Everlasting Fun Balls
Starmark Everlasting Fun Balls are extremely durable, but soft in your dog's mouth. These Treat Dispensing Chew Balls are ideal for feeding your dog meals, treats, or for retrieving. The chew ball encourages your dog to play, which in turn reduces anxiety and boredom. The Everlasting Fun Ball is made from a virtually indestructible material. It is stronger than rubber, free of latex, vinyl and phthalates; perfect for powerful chewers. It can be used with interlocking treats to provide a unique challenge to your dog or smaller treats that can be added inside.
Great for powerful chewers. Free of latex, vinyl and phthalates. Chew ball system encourages play which helps reduce anxiety and boredom behaviors. Available in 3 different sizes.
Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball
This challenging interactive ball will entertain your dog for hours. Simply insert your dog's favorite dry food or treats into the ball. As your dog plays with the Tricky Treat ball, it will dispense treats keeping your dog focused and entertained.
An added feature of the Tricky Treat Ball is that it can help slow down how fast a dog eats. Try putting your dogs serving of kibble in the ball, and watch as they have to work for their food, rather than just gulping it down.
This challenging treat dispensing dog ball entertains pets for hours. Insert dry food or treats into the treat ball and as a pet plays, treats are dispensed.